Megadeth – Millennium Of The Blind

by HART (1-800-HART) on December 29, 2011 · 25 comments

in YouTube Videos

I just found this on YouTube … and thought you might enjoy it!

========================
Note: information from YouTube
========================

youtube.com/watch?v=XSs-fGVQWVc%3Fversion%3D3%26f%3Dvideos%26app%3Dyoutube_gdata
The eleventh song from Megadeth’s thirteenth studio album “Th1rt3en”, released on November 1st. Just like “New World Order”, the seventh track of the album, this one was written and recorded way back in 1991 as a demo version but actually wasn’t ever released on a master recording. At least till the band decided to make a full-length song for “Th1rt3en” out of it, and now, two minutes longer than the original version, “Millennium Of The Blind” finally lived up to its promise. And Instead of just adding a lot of guitar solos Dave overworked the whole song, added a lot of lyrics, added two verses, a chorus, and generally everything a real old school Megadeth tune needs to please the fans. So as a result the only thing I can say is the same that I already said about New World Order and Black Swan: Although I already LOVED the old version and would’ve never thought that it could be improved somehow – Once again Dave managed to totally blow my mind with this amazing song, listened to it already a thousand times or so I guess 😉 However, enjoy it yourself and get sure to support Megadeth for such amazing music by buying their new album Th1rt3en! \m/ LYRICS: MILLENNIUM OF THE BLIND [Solo – Broderick] Line up all of you and turn in your eyes You just won’t need them anymore And your mind is ours to do with what we please Everything you own and everything you need Sacrifice your leaders, like it or not Or else you’re going down with that ship, death on the rocks Blind follow

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

AdamDaBomb11 November 1, 2011 at 2:27 am

First comment, thats right… that makes me cool, oh the song started ill shut up now

halfdeadsk8er15 November 1, 2011 at 11:32 am

this is probably my new fav.

MrAntichrist12 November 1, 2011 at 12:35 pm

nice ballad

NaturalDeth November 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

holy shit sick intro solo

nick61729 November 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm

1:33 omg that solo!!! Chris is a true god!

m82a1light50cal November 15, 2011 at 7:55 pm

These lyrics are very dark and very true

RattleheadMoney95 November 18, 2011 at 12:07 pm

@nick61729 I could be wrong but this song was written during Marty’s time so i think Marty is the god that wrote that solo but I could be wrong, I’m just making an assumption.

MegadethGuitarplayer November 19, 2011 at 8:06 am

@RattleheadMoney95 You’re right, this song was written back in 1991, but it was way shorter back then so that Dave created some new parts and especially lots of lyrics for this new recording, he changed the whole song structure, remixed different riffs and also added some new ones. So in some way you’re right, it’s this great intro solo that was written by Marty, but the solo at 1:33 which you’re talking about was written by Chris particularly for this new recording 😉

RattleheadMoney95 November 19, 2011 at 8:31 am

@MegadethGuitarplayer Ok thanks for learing that up for me, I knew that the song was written before this as I have the youthanasia remaster and the demo is on there but I’ve never gotten round to listening to it so I didn’t know Dave added more stuff and that Chris also added a new solo so thanks 🙂

MegadethGuitarplayer November 19, 2011 at 8:44 am

@RattleheadMoney95 No problem, maby you’ll find the time to listen to the original version sometime 😉

RattleheadMoney95 November 19, 2011 at 8:58 am

@MegadethGuitarplayer Firstly sorry I meant to say clearing that up for me.
secondly, I will but my main problem was everytime I listen to youthanasia i always find myself listening to certain songs that really sound awesome and i forget to give millennium of the blind a listen but i’m going to listen to it 🙂

MegadethGuitarplayer November 19, 2011 at 11:38 am

@RattleheadMoney95 Haha yeah I know that, Youthanasia may be kinda too slow or unaggressive compared to Rust in Peace or Countdown to Extinction but somehow I don’t really mind that cause it has lots of badass songs and riffs on it though and I just love this album! Got any favourite on Youthanasia? 😉

RattleheadMoney95 November 19, 2011 at 2:26 pm

@MegadethGuitarplayer My absolute favourite is a tout le monde as as it’s the first megadeth song that i ever loved but my other favourites are youthanaisa, the killing road (such a badass riff, Elysian fields, train of consequences and victory :)- yours? 😉

MegadethGuitarplayer November 20, 2011 at 8:05 am

@RattleheadMoney95 Nice choice, like mostly the same ones 😉 A Tout le monde (of course), Train of Consequences, Killing Road, Victory and also Blood of Heroes 😉 I though I knew it all is pretty nice too, think it has some kind of the same atmosphere like 13^^

nick61729 November 20, 2011 at 9:02 am

tabsssssssssssss!!!!

MegadethGuitarplayer November 20, 2011 at 9:16 am

@nick61729 There are already some really nice tabs for this song I used some days ago but you need the program Guitar Pro to use them. But this shouldn’t be a problem, guess you can download a test version of it. Simply download the test version, then download the tabs to this song by following the link below and open the file with guitar pro 😉 Hope that helped you ;P

ht tp://tabs.ultimate-guitar. com/m/megadeth/millenium_of_the_blind_ver2_guitar_pro.htm
(just leave out all the blank spaces)

RattleheadMoney95 November 20, 2011 at 11:30 am

@MegadethGuitarplayer I also really like Blood of heroes and i thought i knew it all is a really good song. Youthanasia is a really underrated album and is as good as the thrash albums of megadeth in my opinion.

MegadethGuitarplayer November 21, 2011 at 2:29 am

@RattleheadMoney95 Agreed, unfortunately most people think fast and aggressive means good and everything else is kinda commercial music. Youthanasia is way slower and less aggressive than all previous albums from Megadeth but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad album, it’s a fuckin masterpiece just like every album before.

nick61729 November 21, 2011 at 9:02 am

@MegadethGuitarplayer

i don’t have guitar pro man 🙁 if u got’em in a pdf sortta way can u send them to me

MegadethGuitarplayer November 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

@nick61729 Sorry but they are only available for guitar pro and I don’t know if it’s even possible to convert them in pdf :/ Already tried out the free guitar pro test version?

RattleheadMoney95 November 21, 2011 at 2:29 pm

@MegadethGuitarplayer Ikr! it’s so annoying. Youthanasia was imo their last masterpiece album before they had a bit of a downward spiral on cryptic writings( Trust and she-wolf are awesome), risk (it was interesting but wasnt megadeth and from what i’ve heard of it TWNAH is their worst album imo with dread being the only the good track imo, return to hangar just sounding like Dave running out of ideas and when a diamond head rip off. Since the system has failed their albums have been excellent.

MegadethGuitarplayer November 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm

@RattleheadMoney95 Mostly agree, even if I don’t think TWNAH is a TOO bad album, has some good songs on it though in my opinion^^ Don’t know whether to ask you for your alltime Megadeth song, for me it would be too difficult to choose even TEN favorite songs I guess xD

RattleheadMoney95 November 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

@MegadethGuitarplayer It’s incredibly hard for me to come up with a favourite but I would have to say A Tout Le Monde as it was the first Megadeth song that I loved and that it’s so different compared to the rest of their stuff.

nick61729 November 25, 2011 at 7:36 am

@MegadethGuitarplayer

free??? send me the link to that

MegadethGuitarplayer November 25, 2011 at 8:33 am