While my guitar gently weeps – exceptional Prince incredible guitar playing

by HART (1-800-HART) on September 11, 2010 · 25 comments

in YouTube Videos

I just found this on YouTube … and thought you might enjoy it!

========================
Note: information from YouTube
========================

youtube.com/watch?v=DWvzTYlHpqU%3Ff%3Dvideos%26app%3Dyoutube_gdata
Prince’s fantastic guitar solo performance, please acknowledge the greatness of Prince 🙂

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

eddy23170 July 2, 2010 at 12:37 pm

really great for a totally dated song with boring chords and a dirge-like feel…bravo…sounds like a funeral procession with a cliche’d guitar solo and tone……i will take s.p. any day over this snooze, or speed metal or chopin ..if you don’t know what s.p. means then you prolly never will..

MrFreddjo July 3, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Just goes to show that when prince walks out on a stage, any stage. He just takes over…just awesome!

seidah1 July 5, 2010 at 7:37 pm

prince is what jimmy h. could have been if he would have lived

seidah1 July 5, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Fuck’em up PRINCE. CUT”EM. I LOVE U XOXO

wowikowski July 8, 2010 at 2:25 am

Nothing compares to him!!!

escandalos July 10, 2010 at 6:45 pm

MY GOD!! PRINCE IS THE BADEST MAN IN THE PLANET!

SilentBombr July 15, 2010 at 8:36 am

What a badass Prince is, just walks off at the end haha

thefonkykid July 17, 2010 at 2:39 pm

ORGAZM!

Shandler24K July 18, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Prince – Guitar Live (Tv 2008) is completely amazing as well.

/watch?v=QuzB_0bIAgw

lkossie July 22, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Prince is the best!!

poplife6 July 26, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Prince is the most all around talented musician that has ever lived. No one can compete with him. His songwriting has gotten better every five years since 1979. He will soon be in the songwriters Hall of Fame.
Prince is also underrated as a guitarist. And may I remind you what Miles Davis said about him in their sessions. Prince was playing the drums in their session and Miles was very impressed and said that Prince basically showed his skills at the drop of a hat and did not miss a beat!!!

comunicationsflawed July 29, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Prince fucking kills it Dead.

moonmaid48 July 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Amazing interpretation by a surreal talent….wish I could see him and Jimi Hendrix performing together, that would be so amazing….

zombie0990 August 5, 2010 at 10:56 am

I don’t doubt that Prince has musical ability. He’s withstood the test of time. However, I don’t believe this performance was such that he had to act in his usual arrogant manner! Guitar wise all he did was several bends and follow simple blues scales. To compare him to the likes of Jimi is absurd! There’s hundreds if not thousands of better guitarists. Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, Loomis, Borderick, etc.. These are REAL underrated musicians as your mom and pop wouldn’t know who they are!

wowikowski August 19, 2010 at 9:50 am

@zombie0990 Open your ears and if you`re not able to listen and to recognize what great guitar,piano,bass player Prince is..read Vai´s statements, what he´s talking about Zappa AND Prince…some of the greatest ones! And sorry….Ingwie is fast as hell, no doubt…but only that! And what is arrogant manner??? Did you ever seen gigs with Zappa,Dylan…Tom Petty of course… or maybe even the Oasis brothers! I give a shit on arrogant manner…if it sound´s good!

wowikowski August 19, 2010 at 10:11 am

@zombie0990 check Whole Lotta Love by Prince here on yt, maybe it change your mind!

zombie0990 August 19, 2010 at 4:28 pm

@wowikowski I’m sorry, no idea what your nationality, but I had to re-read your post multiple times to get some sort of meaning from it. From what is understandable Steve Vai has ALWAYS been an extremely humble artist citing hundreds of undeserving musicians as better than he (Ala, Orianthi.) In regards to the definition of arrogant, there’s resources that can help you interpret.

zombie0990 August 19, 2010 at 4:39 pm

@wowikowski Lastly, Why would anyone stand up for a musician that believes he is so “TALENTED” that he despises websites such as Youtube that actually work to promote has beens such as the “purple one.” He has even gone to an extreme of removing videos of himself playing songs that were not even his to begin with! Prince is the epitome of arrogant clearly out of his mind! The release of his next album has been halted as he says the world is not worthy of his music!(Keep it Kayne no one cares)

wowikowski August 20, 2010 at 5:07 am

@zombie0990 Sorry for my english, not my language, try to give my best!We´re talking about who´s the “best,better” guitar player.Sure, its always a question of definition.Classical guitar players or maybe Paco de Lucia are much better in technical way as these kind of rock guitar players.But for me important is the cooperation between technical and emotional playing.Saw Prince a few weeks ago in berlin…2,5 hours just very good live music…no statements,no wasted time!

wowikowski August 20, 2010 at 5:16 am

And I know the definition of arrogant.But thats not my point of view.If I would look at that, I would have to burn my vinyl,cds&tapes.All this famous artists became sometimes arrogant or weird.Elvis,Jim Morrison,Miles Davis,Michael Jackson…many others.So what?There music count, not there privat things.I give a shit what Prince is talking or whats going on in his privat war against record companies…I´m only interests in his music&concerts.Go there..and tell me his not one of the greatest!

Missmuurder August 25, 2010 at 3:00 am

@HugoPosh101 Thank you, so very true. And I don’t think enough ppl realize it. I absolutely adore Prince. That is one very exceptional talented artist.

AceFan88 August 26, 2010 at 4:19 am

if only jimi was there

BigAndo21 August 27, 2010 at 9:44 pm

@zombie0990

man steve vai is tremendously overrated. and you want to talk about arrogant, that dbag plays with a fan underneath him to make sure his hair flaps all over the place while he’s soullessly shredding.

TheAutonomous1 August 28, 2010 at 9:50 am

I wish I was Prince’s guitar!

cyblur September 4, 2010 at 8:47 pm

im tellin ya man. that cat aint human.