Silverchair Daniel plays an awesome guitar solo

by HART (1-800-HART) on September 8, 2010 · 27 comments

in YouTube Videos

I just found this on YouTube … and thought you might enjoy it!

========================
Note: information from YouTube
========================

youtube.com/watch?v=-a3pWt-aLak%3Ff%3Dvideos%26app%3Dyoutube_gdata
Daniel Johns plays an awesome guitar solo just before the song Freak

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

1 Tweet

seriouslyfreaky January 31, 2009 at 8:13 pm

their is a dvd out and its called “silverchair live from faraway stables” but i think if you youtube it i think its on hear. but yeah that was the concert this was taken from.

LaterzMcGhee February 1, 2009 at 7:15 pm

you mean to say; AND at the start he looked stoned

e34h February 2, 2009 at 6:31 am

thanks man ! I appreaciate it!

seriouslyfreaky February 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm

all good a band as good as silverchair needs to be shared amungest all

Spedly February 19, 2009 at 1:21 pm

The entrire song was written by Daniel and Ben. This shit youre trying to tell people about Daniel not being able to write or play the solo to Tomorrow is simply wrong, and where ever you heard it, really misinformed you.

Spedly February 19, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Agreed, whole-heartedly

Spedly February 19, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Ever heard of keeping things fresh? Thats what he does, he always adds improv bits or changes sections to keep it from always sounding the same. Thats why he never played the solo to Tomorrow just like the record. Plus, they were getting sick of the song, so doing the solo note for note only wouldve made it worse for him

Spedly February 19, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Thats not fair. Apples and oranges, basically. These guys are all virtuoso’s and Daniel is a singer/guitarist. Its like comparing Hammett to Santana cus they both play solos. Daniel is a VERY gifted guitarist and even moreso on vocals. Try comparing the vocal abilities to any of the guys you mentioned to Daniel’s, and then tell me if the comparison is fair.

Brooona March 6, 2009 at 1:08 pm

this dude is amazing

notthatbasic March 7, 2009 at 2:19 pm

That’s hot.

rombomb420 March 18, 2009 at 10:05 pm

there’s a lot of room to improv on that solo, check out my vid ๐Ÿ˜€

rombomb420 March 18, 2009 at 10:05 pm

I heard he didn’t write that solo from a lot of different places…

Spedly March 18, 2009 at 10:19 pm

he did, everything on that record was written by him and Ben. They play every part. Ive seen old interviews in guitar mags where they ask him how he wrote the Tomorrow solo or the riffs to Israel’s Son and he lays them out in detail. I think from what Dan’s released over his career, we all know he wrote that solo. Listen to some of the guitar work on Frogstomp. Plus, some sources say he didnt write the solo, but Dan himself says he did, cant get much more truthful than that

yertletheturtle15 May 15, 2009 at 5:30 am

bucketheads a douche.

yertletheturtle15 May 15, 2009 at 5:30 am

you’re a douche.

BLueEyeButterfly September 12, 2009 at 2:59 pm

damn straight he does! KG said so too =)

BLueEyeButterfly September 12, 2009 at 3:21 pm

yeah…. that was cool and he was havin a good time with it. that’s why it was awesome. as is he.

nobody said this was the worlds 3rd best solo ever played, or even daniel’s. just cool improv. haters can hate, but you know dan is the man.

TheNirvanaChair October 6, 2009 at 2:47 pm

epic.

HoodedSword April 20, 2010 at 6:41 am

@musicthingz Of course he wrote the solo for Tomorrow! It’s a simple solo and playing it the same at every gig would get really boring. Daniel had been playing guitar at least like five years or so when they recorded Frogstomp; I nailed the Tomorrow solo when I’d been playing for like one year.

HoodedSword April 20, 2010 at 6:45 am

@AllanGulaman I agree mostly, except Daniel is definitely a skilled soloist…he’s no shredder, but he still plays awesome solos. And, more importantly, he has a really unique style of soloing. I could pick it without seeing it was him.

charliebby77 August 22, 2010 at 4:46 pm

mmmmmm sooo hotttttttttt

newjerseydev August 25, 2010 at 1:59 pm

@HoodedSword Difference is he wrote it, millions of people heard it and no one knows who you are. no offense mate but when u criticise a genius and make comparison with yourself u sounds silly

HoodedSword August 26, 2010 at 9:11 am

@newjerseydev :\ I think you misunderstood me but I can see why…I was in no way criticising Daniel; he’s a musical genius and one of my favourite musicians ever…I wasn’t trying to make myself seem better or make him seem worse, I was responding to someone who said he didn’t write the Tomorrow solo because he wasn’t able to play it at the time. I just said that’s ridiculous, coz at the time he’d have been better at guitar when he wrote it than I was when I figured it out ๐Ÿ™‚

newjerseydev August 26, 2010 at 10:18 am

@HoodedSword Sorry mate, i didnt man to jump to conclusions. Yeah he is an amazing player and i in no way meant to take away anything from u. It sounded like u were criticising him, wheich u are allowed to do of coourse-but i am glad you werent. i even like his new stuff. I appreciate Straight Lines and some of his newer tracks. Shame others have all jumped on slamming him.

HoodedSword August 27, 2010 at 7:39 am

@newjerseydev It’s cool, I can see how it looked like I was criticising him.
I actually love Silverchair’s new stuff…I think Straight Lines is probably the weakest track on Young Modern, but other than that the songs are incredibly creative and original.

SilentPlanet February 19, 2011 at 5:15 am

Yeah but see the thing is, I’ve never heard him play the Tomorrow solo as recorded once. You think he was bored with it before there was ever even a video taken of him performing it. Don’t you think he might have performed it as recorded on Saturday Night freaking Live? Instead he played some lame ascending and descending octaves for a solo, which is the same thing he’s done in some other videos. I highly suspect he was either coached on the solo or it was played for him on the record. That might explain why he’s never once Played it as recorded–because it wasn’t his own work.