call HART crazy .. but
After I received this first harmonica video piece FWD’ed in my email InBox today … I just wanted to find some great harmonica players and pieces out there! These are the first 12 of the most interesting harmonica pieces that I could find on YouTube .. Enjoy!
“Classical Medley” By Buddy Greene
* 1ST: ‘Jesu, Joy Of Man’s Desiring’ by Johann Sebastian Bach.
* 2ND: Mozart’s Piano Sonata in C, K. 545 – Allegro
* 3RD: Rossini’s William Tell overture (known to most as the theme from ‘The Lone Ranger’)
Larry Adler & Itzhak Perlman perform Gershwin’s Summertime
* From Parkinson show 1980. A wonderful piece of musical history.
Sonny Boy Williamson II – Bye Bye Bird (1963)
* Bye Bye Bird – Sonny Boy Williamson II (Aleck Rice Miller) playing his harmonica like smoking a cigar!
Peggy Lee and Toots Thielemans: Makin’Whoopee
* Makin’ Whoopee. Peggy and Toots having fun in the late 60’s.
Chromatic classical music London ROYAL HALL Philip Achille
* Classical Harmonica player Philip Achille wows the classical crowd playing this instrument, a future jazz harmoncia legend. This video of champion Achille was viewed on television from the ROYAL ALBERT HALL on BBC2 home of Classical Star. Philip still has lessons (tutorials) taught by Jim Hughes a harmonica legend as a session musician and in the school of players like, tommy Rielly, shellist, Douglas Tate, Larry Adler and Stevie Wonder.HARMONICA, BLUES, Chromatic Harmonica ,Classical Harmonica, Jazz, Harmonica Artist, British Film music, Achille Philip, BBC 2 2007 Proms London Larry Adler, The harmonica playing was accompanied by a full orchestra. Philip Achille (based in London) has experience playing the chromatic harmonica (mouth organ) in many music genres, Jazz Classical Blues and Irish.
Harmonica + Beatbox
* Yuri Lane performs Harmonica Beatbox in this short video directed by Marty Nowak.
Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee – Hootin’ the Blues
* Performing “Hootin’ the Blues” and “When the Saints Go Marchin’ In” on Rainbow Quest with Pete Seeger (No. 34)
Harmonica Trio – about 1940 Jerry Murad Harmonicats
* Jerry Murad Harmonicats – Harmonica Trio
* Jerry Murad – Chromatic
* Don Les – Bass
* Al Fiore – Chord
The Dave McKelvy Trio at COZY’S
* Maybe the world’s finest old-school harmonica group, The Dave McKelvy Trio, came to Cozy’s and brought the house down. We cut this sampler just to let the world know about it. Ten songs in five amazing minutes. Enjoy!
Engels Espiritos Harmonica Rock and Heavy Metal
* Harp Rock Heavy Metal ( Spiritual Warrior)
1996 Harmonica Ensemble Champion
* Heng Ee Harmonica Band won ensemble champion with the song of Orpheus In The Underworld by Offenbach. Conductor: Cheetion
Beethoven Symphony No. 7 mvt. 2
* Harmonica Solo / Ensemble. Beethoven Symphony No.7 Second movement. (instrumental)